Career Opportunities at Sandler Center Foundation
Below are available positions at the Sandler Center Foundation. Check back again for updated postings.
The Sandler Center Foundation seeks a full time Development Director. This person will report directly to the Executive Director and would work through all stages of donor development: identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship and donor relations. This position will primarily work with individuals, family foundations and organizations, including corporations and larger foundations as needed. The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 5+ years experience working in the Hampton Roads area in fundraising or a related field.
Development Director Responsibilities:
- Work independently but closely with the Executive Director in developing a robust pipeline for support for major gifts.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop, implement and manage a branded fund raising program to support operating budgets and a planned giving program for the Sandler Center Foundation.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, represent the Sandler Center Foundation in the community.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of major gift and planned giving prospects capable of giving significant contributions to the Sandler Center Foundation.
- Collaborate with the internal team on other major gift fundraising initiatives, including corporate and foundation donors.
- Develop and implement strategies and approaches aimed at advancing donors into higher levels of giving.
- Present regular updates to Executive Director.
- Ensure all major and planned giving donors receive appropriate, consistent recognition and an accounting of the impact of their gift on the organization.
- Prospect by conducting research and outreach to donors and financial advisors to develop a pipeline of long-term support.
- Work with marketing agency to develop promotional marketing materials such as brochures and reports to promote Sandler Center Foundation.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. This position works from a home-based office with frequent local travel.
To apply, please send a cover letter, specifically addressing any major gift experience, and resume to Lisa Baehre, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.