The safety of our community members is of critical concern. We have been closely monitoring the local situation related to COVID 19 and community events. As a result, all Sandler Center Foundation March events have been postponed, including student matinees to take place at the Sandler Center, as well as school based performances. This includes Richmond Ballet’s Swan Lake Lecture Demonstration, Sons of Mystro, and Erth’s Prehistoric Aquarium Adventure.
Make a Reservation
Welcome! If you would like to reserve seats to attend a matinee with your students, visit the appropriate section for your group (paying schools and homeschool groups or Title I schools in Hampton Roads applying for funding). Please take a few minutes to read the bullet points provided, and then click on the appropriate button to access our matinee reservation request form. Education Program matinees are very popular. Don’t delay in reserving seats for your group! Advanced reservations are required.
RESERVATION REQUESTS NOW OPEN.
PAYING SCHOOLS AND HOMESCHOOL GROUPS:
- The cost is $10 per student. One free adult seat will be included per 10 student seats purchased. Additional adult seats above this allotment are $20 per adult.
- You will receive acknowledgement of your reservation request and confirmation within 2 weeks. If you do not receive a confirmation within 2 weeks, please email email@example.com.
- Approximately 4 weeks in advance of the matinee, you will receive a reminder email confirming your student count and adult count. An invoice will be emailed to you, and payment is due in FULL in advance of the performance.
- You must fill out a separate reservation request form for each show you plan to attend.
TITLE I SCHOOLS IN HAMPTON ROADS APPLYING FOR FUNDING CONSIDERATION:
- If you are applying for funding on behalf of a Title I school, you are requesting that the Foundation provide $10 per student for matinee attendance. If your request is approved, one free adult seat will be included per 10 student seats funded. Additional adult seats above this allotment are $10 per adult.
- The application process is similar to a grant application. Please be prepared to answer questions about the percentage of students who receive free/reduced lunch and what the opportunity would mean to you. We recommend that you answer the application questions in a Word document prior to accessing the reservation request and funding form. To preview the questions, click here.
- Funding awards will not solely be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Merit and audience will be considerations upon review. Priority may be given to populations that have not previously participated.
- A request is NOT a guarantee of funding.
- Funding consideration will be given to all applicants, pending funding availability.
- Although the reservation request and funding form may be submitted at any time, those received prior to September 13th will receive notification about the status of request on or before September 30th. Reservation and funding forms received after September 13th will receive notification within 3 weeks of submission.
- Everyone will receive acknowledgment of their reservation request and funding form within 2 weeks.
- Approximately 4 weeks in advance of the matinee, you will receive a reminder email confirming your student count and adult count. Please be aware that a proper count is critical for funding as well as seating preparations.
- Only one funding request per grade level per school will be considered.
- Please be sure to include a second choice and possible third choice, if applicable, on your reservation request and funding form. Funding may be limited or exhausted for a particular show; it is important for us to know if there is another show/s that would be of interest to you. :
If you have any questions, please contact Christine Layne at firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 754-6402.