We encourage existing nonprofit organizations which serve the Hampton Roads community and are aligned with the mission of the Sandler Center Foundation to apply for funding support. The Sandler Center Foundation seeks to support programs that present unique and impactful opportunities in the arts to help educate, inspire, enrich and build our community.
The following types of organizations are eligible to apply for Sandler Center Foundation grants:
- Non-profit organizations that demonstrate tax-exempt status under the Internal Revenue Service Code 501(c)(3)
- Groups or organizations that submit an application through a fiscal sponsor, i.e., a tax-exempt organization under IRS Code 501(c)(3) that agrees to accept funds on its behalf.
GRANTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Government agencies
- Religious organizations
- Political campaigns, candidates or organizations
- Advertising or promotional materials
- Capital expenditures or endowments
- Operating support
- Special Events
- For-profit businesses
- Long-term financial support