Funding Guidelines and Priorities
Applicants must be a Resident Company organization of the Sandler Center.
- The Sandler Center Foundation seeks to support underwriting for performances and programs that provide unique and world-class opportunities for members of the community.
- Applicants must articulate how the program for which funding is requested will have a meaningful impact on the population to be served.
- Only single-year requests will be considered.
- Nonprofit organizations are eligible to receive only one grant during the Sandler Center Foundation’s fiscal year of July 1 – June 30.
- Priority will be given to projects that stretch the normal capabilities of an organization and create an opportunity that would not otherwise be possible.
- Priority will be given to those applicants providing performances or programs that will take place at the Sandler Center facility.
- Priority will be given to support programs that serve unique/varying populations annually.
- Priority will be given to applications providing evidence of sustainability beyond the Sandler Center Foundation’s support.
APPLICANT AND AWARDEE EXPECTATIONS
- All applicants will be expected to participate in a phone interview as well as an in-person presentation to the Sandler Center Foundation Giving Circle members. (The dates for these presentations will be May 14, May 20, and May 28, 2020 between the hours of 6 PM and 8 PM.)
- Awardees will be expected to complete a final report, which will require a summary of the event, information about the audience reached, and the final project budget.
- Awardees will be asked to set aside a block of ten (10) tickets to any funded programs so that Giving Circle members may have the opportunity to attend and be seated together.
The Sandler Center Foundation does not discriminate against organizations or individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected under law.