Before You Apply
The Sandler Center Foundation only considers requests submitted through its grant application process. The grant application window is now open, with a deadline of April 1, 2019. Award notifications will go out in July 2019. Before submitting an application, please be sure that your request meets our eligibility and funding guidelines.
Tips for Saving Your Application
(if using the PDF Document)
- We highly recommendthat you download and save the PDF application from the website but utilize a Word document to draft your grant application responses. Once you are ready, transfer the responses from your Word document to the saved PDF application.
- If you have a Mac or have Adobe Acrobat Pro on your PC, you should be able to directly fill out the form and save any changes on the PDF application you downloaded to your computer.
- If you do not have a Mac or Adobe Acrobat Pro on your PC and are ready to save your work after transferring responses from the Word document, go to “Print” and then “Print to PDF” and save the completed application.
- All completed applications and supporting documents must then be sent to email@example.com
The grant application is available to download as a fillable PDF document or as a Word document.
If your organization meets our funding criteria, please be prepared to provide the required organizational information, program information and attachments outlined below:
Organization address, contact information, and other details
Federal ID #
Percentage of your Board of Directors that have given to your organization this fiscal year
Primary sources of income
Program name and description
Population served and desired outcomes
- Program/project budget
- Organizational budget (for grant requests of $5,000 or more)
- Most recent IRS 501(c)(3) Letter of Determination
- Board of Directors list
- Most recent audited financial statement
- Strategic plan (if available)
Completed grant applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 1, 2019.
After You Apply
If you submit an application prior to the deadline of April 1, 2019 you will receive an email from the Sander Center Foundation confirming your grant submission. Finalist organizations may be invited to do a grant presentation for the Sandler Center Foundation. Grant recipients will be notified by July 31, 2019.
Grant Cycle Timeline
Applications Accepted: Thru April 1, 2019
Applicant Presentations*: May-June 2019
Funding Determinations: June 2019
Grant Notifications: July 2019
*Presentations may be requested of finalists