The Sandler Center Foundation considers grant requests from Sandler Center resident companies and other arts organizations for programs aligned with its mission. All requests must help the Sandler Center Foundation’s goal to support the success of the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts.
To educate, inspire, enrich and build our community, strengthen local arts organizations, and instill an appreciation of the arts in future generations through the underwriting of world-class performances at the Sandler Center
Educate | Inspire | Enrich
Through its grantmaking, the Sandler Center Foundation has set out to reach the following goals:
- Serve as the cultural arts destination for the broader Hampton Roads region.
- Provide unique opportunities for individuals of all ages to experience world-class performing arts at the Sandler Center.
- Instill an appreciation of the arts through strategic and meaningful programming.
- Strengthen relationships and partner with local, regional, and national arts organizations to education, inspire, enrich and build our community.
The Grant Cycle for the 2020-2021 Programming support is now Open.
Application deadline: April 15
- Before you apply, be sure to review the Eligibility and Funding Guidelines Priorities provided for applicants.
- The online grant application allows applicants the ability to save and resume work on the grant.
- A sample scoring rubric has been provided so that applicants can be aware how the applications will be scored.
Other Funding Opportunities
The Sandler Center Foundation also offers funding support for its pillars of the Education Program and Community Outreach. If you are interested in learning more about these programs, please visit the respective pages on our website for more information: