To educate, inspire, enrich and build our community, strengthen local arts organizations, and instill an appreciation of the arts in future generations through the underwriting of world-class performances at the Sandler Center.
Educate| Inspire | Enrich
‘Black & Proud’ is this year’s Black Music Month theme in conjunction with Pride Month which is also observed in June. Black & Proud represents NMAAM’s attempt to highlight the historic and ongoing contributions of Black LGBTQ music artists. Check out this...
Virginia MOCA is a non-collecting museum which means they change out all the work in their galleries multiple times a year. However, there is ONE artwork that is always on display. What is it, and who is the artist? Clue: They built an addition onto the building for...
Did you know that five WWI African American Army Bands are credited with pioneering the emergence of jazz music in America and throughout the world? The most famous was James Reese Europe and the 369th Harlem Hellfighters who became international celebrities and known...
Check out VSO's Petting Zoo! [visual-link-preview...
Share your #standingovation right here on the Virtual Stage. We applaud all the selfless individuals and businesses that have supported our community through these challenging times.
In the News
- ‘YNot’ check out this free summer concert series? – SouthsideDaily.com | June 15, 2019
- YNot Wednesdays concert series kicks off 10th season of free performances at Sandler Center – PilotOnline.com | May 27, 2019
- Renee Fleming, one of the world’s golden voices, coming to Virginia Beach – PilotOnline.com | Feb. 21, 2019
- Virginia Arts Festival announces new season with firsts – PilotOnline.com | Nov. 1, 2018
- Renee Fleming To Perform at The Sandler Center – BroadwayWorld.com | Sept. 24, 2018
- Sandler Center Foundation Presentation to City Council – City Council Workshop | Sept. 11, 2018
- Ynot Wednesdays after-work party begins this week in Virginia Beach – PilotOnline.com | Jun 3, 2018
- Sandler Center for the Performing Arts at 10 years: 4,579 events and 1.3 million patrons, and counting – PilotOnline.com | Nov. 3, 2017
BEHIND THE SCENES…
The Sandler Center Foundation’s quarterly e-newsletter is a great way to stay informed of our community outreach programs and upcoming events. If you are interested in receiving the e-newsletter, please provide your name and email address below.